Jul 11, 2006

Pondering...













I just came in for a bit of lunch after having been working in the yard this morning. As I was "communing with nature", I began pondering a couple of questions.

1. How come David gets to do the tough, manly job of riding around on the sit down mower once a week for an hour and I have to do the girly, wimpy things -- like weeding and pruning, etc. our one acre yard's numerous flower beds?

2. Which one will take over the world first? Wisteria, inkberry or mosquitoes?

Perhaps you would like to ponder along with me? Hmmmm?

12 comments:

thedollymama said...

Hmm, if you ask me, kudzu is going to take over the world first...

Connie said...

I doubt it -- we don't even have any kudzu up here. But, I bet there is wisteria and mosquitoes in the south!

Anonymous said...

Hey, wait a minute. That's TWICE a week I have to cut the grass. And with all that bouncing around for an hour and a half, my butt hurts!

Connie said...

Twice a week, huh? Which 2 days would that be?

XO

Anonymous said...

OK, would you believe 3 times in 2 weeks?! My butt still hurts. C'mon give the old man a break!

Connie said...

So, you're counting the one time at the begininng of the 3rd week as the end of the 2nd week. Very clever.
You do a very good job on that mower -- sorry it's a pain in the butt...:(

thedollymama said...

Is this a doody imposter? I thought the real doody doesn't do blogs?

Connie said...

It's the real doody! Every now and then -- while waiting for the next solitaire game to load -- he will sit down and read some of the posts. I guess it took one about the manliness of mowing the lawn -- with a sit down mower -- to inspire him to comment. I was very happy to see that he did!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I just looked. I am the real Doody!

Connie said...

We do not even want to know how you were able to determine that....

thedollymama said...

um, what exactly did you look at to make the determination? actually, never mind.

Anonymous said...

The MIRROR DoeDoe head!